- This Invitation for Bids follows the General Procurement Notice (GPN) for this project that appeared in UN Development Business online in October 2016 and on the African Development Bank Group’s Internet Website.
- The Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA) has received Financing from the African Development Bank towards the cost for the implementation of 50 Million African Women Speak Networking Platform Project. It is intended that part of the proceeds of this grant will be applied to eligible payments under the contract for the Supply, Delivery and Installation of ICT Equipment for the Infrastructure Platform.
- The Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA) now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the:
- The delivery, installation, testing and support of a Security firewall infrastructure.
- The delivery, installation, testing and support of a Network Routing and Switching Infrastructure.
- The delivery, installation, testing and support of Blade Chassis Server Infrastructure.
- The delivery, installation, testing and support of a Storage Infrastructure.
- Training on the delivered and installed infrastructure
(Hereinafter called the “goods”). International Competitive Bidding will be conducted in accordance with the Bank’s Rules and Procedures for Procurement of Goods and works.
- Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from and inspect the bidding documents at the office of:
Mr. Josephat Kinyele – Head Procurement and General Services
Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa- COMESA CENTRE
Ben Bella Road, P O Box 30051
Lusaka 10101, Zambia
Telephone: +260 211 229726/29 Fax: +260 211 225107
Email: email@example.com, copy to: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- A web link to the complete set of bidding documents may be obtained by interested bidders on the submission of a written application to the above address.
- The provisions in the Instructions to Bidders and in the General Conditions of Contract are the provisions of the African Development Bank Standard Bidding Document: Procurement of Plant: Design, Supply and Installation.
- Bids must be delivered to the above office on or before 15:00 hours Zambia Local time on Friday 20th, October, 2017 and must be accompanied by a security of 25,000 USD (Twenty-five thousand United States Dollars)
- Bids will be opened in the presence of bidders’ representatives, who choose to attend, at 15:30hours on Friday 20th, October, 2017 at the Human Resource and Administration Meeting room, at the above address (No:4).