- July 18, 2019
- Posted by: comesa1@admin
- Category: ENGLISH
Under the direct guidance of the Director Human Resources and Administration and the overall supervision of the Assistant Secretary General (Administration and Finance) the incumbent shall inter alia perform the following duties:
- Supervise all purchasing of office requirements such as stationery, office equipment, vehicles, gifts, hotel accommodation, COMESA functions/banquets/ceremonies, etc. in line with the approved and prevailing Financial Rules and Regulations;
- Identify and establish the most economic source of acquiring various office requirements and office equipment maintenance services, and ensure that the stock levels of the various office requirements are economical;
- Ensure that all purchases are properly secured and stored and that the various items including consumables are accurately entered in the relevant registers;
- Ensure that all COMESA properties are secured through insurance. Further, in liaison with the Legal Counsel obtain such insurance at premiums that are economical and favorable to COMESA;
- Arrange COMESA Functions (including staff functions), Banquets and Ceremonies and ensure purchase of appropriate gifts when necessary;
- Process applications of staff for and issue COMESA Laissez-Passer and visa applications for exit and entry to countries where staff members may be required to undertake official travel;
- Make travel arrangements including air and hotel bookings, and transportation of COMESA staff, delegates and technical staff, including visa arrangements ensuring that such services are obtained at most economical rates;
- Arrange airport formalities when receiving and seeing off the Secretary General when he goes and comes back from missions, including delegates who come to COMESA meetings and missions;
- Supervise the general support staff, the administrative Assistant (Misc. Duties), store and Registry Assistants for the efficient delivery of services; and
Carry out any other duties that may be assigned to you by the Director of Human Resources and Administration or the Assistant Secretary General (Administration and Finance).
Click on the link below for more details.