- SCOPE OF WORK:
The Accounts Assistant will provide accounting support to ensure efficient operation of the Statistics Capacity Building Program under the direct supervision of the Project Accountant and overall supervision of the Director Budget and Finance, the Accounts Assistant will be required to provide financial and accounting services relating to processing and recording of financial transactions and financial reporting.
- SPECIFIC TASKS/KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure expenditure and payment packs comply with requirements; valid supporting documents, authorizing and signing mandates reflect on documents in line with institutional approvals.
- Apply general ledger and reporting analysis codes in capturing and recording of financial transactions.
- Compilation of costing, supporting expenditure estimates, outstanding commitments and contracts.
- Communicate status regarding unspent / available budget and funds.
- Handle imprest – processing of expenditure imprest, follow ups on imprests and facilitating retirement of imprest.
- Be aware of applicable grant management requirements.
- Update assets and inventory of the grant; with receipts, disposals and other movements.
- Tag all grant assets and inventory.
- Reconcile fixed assets register to the general ledger.
- Compile bank and fund reconciliations.
- Update payroll expenditure.
- Maintain financial records by ensuring all documents supporting receipts and payments are matched.
- Filing of financial records.
- Carry out follow-ups for receiveable and payables.
- Support the Project Accountant in compilation and provision of information and schedules towards: preparation of monthly management accounts, budget spending reports, cashflow projections, annual accounts and managing significant risks in financial control and accounting.
- Support Project Accountant in compilation and provision of information and schedules to facilitate audits and reviews.
- Support Project Accountant in implementation of control findings.
Perform other job-related duties as directed by Division Head to achieve COMESA mandate.
Click on the link below for more details.
ADDENDUM TO THE POSITIONS
Please note that the deadline for the following positions has been extended.
- Procurement Expert.
- Accounts Assistant.
- Travel assistant; and
- Administrative Assistant.
The new deadline is now 23rd June 2021 23.59 hours.
Post expires at 4:00pm on Monday June 7th, 2021