The RIFF project is an Investment Financing Project with funding from the World Bank to the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA) and the Trade and Development Bank (TDB) . The TDB component will focus on provision of long-term credit to infrastructure projects in the region while the COMESA component is a grant component which will support the enabling environment for private infrastructure finance with a focus on building a regional off-grid energy market. It will allow the COMESA Secretariat to support: (i) the harmonization of policies and regulations for cross-border infrastructure trade and investment; (ii) regional integration activities on the off-grid energy sector and (iii) market development activities in the off-grid energy sector in Fragile, Conflict and Violence (FCV) countries.
The activities in support of the enabling environment for infrastructure finance are expected to include: (i) issuance of guidance notes and model documents for PPP in infrastructure sectors other than energy, such as transport and water; (ii) customization and dissemination of PPP screening tools to help countries improve their screening of projects that may be suited to be structured as PPP; (iii) policies, guidance and platforms to facilitate digital infrastructure and digital trading in the COMESA region.
To implement the project, the COMESA secretariat will set up a Project Implementation Unit to be based in the Infrastructure and Logistics Division.
- SCOPE OF WORK:
The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the Project Implementationt Unit. The administration assistant will support the Project Implementation Unit (PIU) through a variety of administrative and Secretarial tasks related to Regional Infrastructure Finance Facility (RIFF) project.
- SPECIFIC TASKS/KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides administrative support to ensure efficient operation of office.
- Answers phone calls, schedules meetings and supports visitors.
- Carries out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
- Attends staff meetings and Supports team in preparing minutes and reports.
- Assists in overseeing the budget for routine or special events
- Assists in planning and overseeing special events
- Makes meeting and travel arrangements for RIFF project related activities such as booking flights, cars, and hotel or
- Exhibits polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail.
- Supports team by performing tasks related to organization and strong communication.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, calling for repairs, maintaining equipment inventories and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Provides information by answering questions and requests related to the RIFF Project.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Any other related duties that may be assigned by the Superiors from time to time.
Click on the link below for more details.
Post expires at 6:00pm on Monday November 16th, 2020