- The COMESA Secretariat is inviting Individual Consultants to submit their CV and Financial Proposal for the following services:
CONSULTANCY ON AIKP POWER, TRANSPORT & ICT SECTOR STATISTICS
The Terms of Reference defining the minimum technical requirements for these services are attached as Annex 1 to this Request for Expression of Interest.
The full set of application form, CV format, cover letter and financial proposal must be downloaded from:
- Only Individual Consultants are eligible to participate under this assignment if they fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
- they are a national of an AfDB Member country and have sufficient experience to undertake this assignment.
- they are not bankrupt or wound up, are not having their affairs administered by the courts, have not entered into arrangements with creditors, have not suspended business activities, are not being subject of proceedings concerning those matters, or are not in any similar situations arising from similar procedures provided for in the national legislation or regulations of the COMESA member states.
- they have not been convicted of offences concerning their professional conduct by a judgment which haves the force of res judicata; (i.e. against which no appeal is possible);
- they have not been declared guilty of grave professional misconduct proven by any means which COMESA Secretariat can justify.
- they have fulfilled obligations related to the payments of social security contributions or the payment of taxes in accordance with the legal provisions of the country in which they are established or with those countries where the contract is to be performed.
- they have not been the subject of a judgment which has the force of res judicata for fraud, corruption, involvement in a criminal organisation or any other illegal activity detrimental to the COMESA Secretariat’ financial interests; or
- they are not being currently subject to an administrative penalty.
- The maximum budget for this contract is $48,000 for expert service/consultants’ fees only. Proposals exceeding this budget will not be accepted.
- Your Expression of Interest must be presented as per Expression of Interest Forms attached as Annex 2 to this Request for Expression of Interest. These must be accompanied by copies of all the indicated supporting documents. If attachments are not in English, there is no requirement for translation.
- Your application documents clearly marked and email bearing the subject “CS/STATS/SCBV/2021/23 – CONSULTANCY ON AIKP POWER, TRANSPORT & ICT SECTOR STATISTICS”, should be emailed to the following address: email@example.com
- The deadline for submission of your application, to the address indicated in Paragraph 5 above, is: 24 AUGUST 2021 AT 16:00 hours
- Physical submission of applications is NOT allowed.
- Your CV will be evaluated against the following criteria.
|Criteria||Maximum points allocated|
|2||Adequacy for the assignment||70|
|3||Experience in the African region||20|
- Your proposal should be submitted as per the following instructions:
The financial proposal shall be inclusive of all expenses deemed necessary by the Individual Consultant for the performance of the contract.
(ii) EVALUATION AND AWARD OF THE CONTRACT:
Expressions of Interest determined to be formally compliant to the requirements will be further evaluated technically.
An Expression of Interest is considered compliant to the requirements if:
- It fulfils the formal requirements (see Paragraphs 2,3,4,5,6 and 7 above),
- The financial proposal does not exceed the maximum available budget for the contract.
The award will be made to the applicant who obtains the highest technical score. Expressions of Interest not obtaining a minimum score of 70% will be rejected.
(iii) VALIDITY OF THE EXPRESSION OF INTEREST:
Your Expression of Interest should be valid for a period of 90 days from the date of deadline for submission indicated in Paragraph 6 above.
- The assignment is expected to commence within two (2) weeks from the signature of the contract.
- Additional requests for information and clarifications can be made until 7 working days prior to deadline indicated in the paragraph 6 above, from:
The Procuring entity: COMESA Secretariat
Contact person: Ted Peter Luka
The answers on the questions received will be sent to the Consultant and all questions received as well as the answers to them will be posted on the COMESA Secretariat’s website at the latest 3 working days before the deadline for submission of applications.