The broad objective of this assignment is to undertake a study that will map and determine the state of play of transport and logistics in COMESA, including assessments of transport and logistics regulatory frameworks and instrument, and obstacles and effects of trade and logistics on trade (both intra- and extra-COMESA) in the region. Specifically, the study should:
- Determine the factors that are most relevant to the market potential for transportation and logistics
- Identify and analyse the growth and intra-regional trade sectors that drive the demand for transport and logistics services in COMESA region
- Assess the state of development of transport infrastructure in road, rail, air and maritime (both sea and in-land) (including transport corridors)
- Identify and map the transport and logistic regulatory frameworks and instruments in COMESA.
- Identify and map logistic regulatory frameworks in COMESA.
- Comparatively analyse the efficiency and costs of logistics services in COMESA.
- Identify the main obstacles to growth and development of intra-COMESA arising from transport and logistics related services.
- Determine the effects on intra-COMESA trade of current state and obstacles of transport and logistics services in the region.
Download “220616_RFP-CONSULTANCY-WORK-STUDY-ON-STATUS-OF-TRANSPORT-AND-LOGISTICS-IN-COMESA-EFFECTS-ON-INTRA-REGIONAL-TRADE_.docx” 220616_RFP-CONSULTANCY-WORK-STUDY-ON-STATUS-OF-TRANSPORT-AND-LOGISTICS-IN-COMESA-EFFECTS-ON-INTRA-REGIONAL-TRADE_.docx – Downloaded 106 times – 460 KB