OBJECTIVES OF CONSULTANCY
The main goal of the consultancy is to conduct soil testing at the ten (10) demonstration plots in the chosen districts of Luwero, Mukono, Kayunga, Buikwe, Mityana, Masaka, Mubende, Gomba, Mpigi and Butambala.
The consultancy’s particular goals are as follows:
- to assess the soil properties at the demonstration locations, including their cationic exchange capacity, pH, organic matter, nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium;
- To identify the types of soi and nutrient compositionl at the demonstration sites;
- (c) To provide practical advice on what kind of fertilizers and other soil treatments should be used to ensure optimum outcomes on crop productivity.
SCOPE OF WORKS
The consultant (s) will be accountable to COMESA Coordinating Ministry (MTIC)- Project Coordinator and collaborate closely with the Ministry of Agriculture (MAAIF)- Project Officer (Technical Officer).
The following tasks are expected of the consultant(s):
- Collect the samples from the demonstration sites with the Project Officer’s and Coordinator’s assistance.
- Prepare the findings after conducting the required analysis on the samples.
- Share the detailed soil testing report with key outcomes and recommendations thereto in collaboration with the Project Officer and Coordinator.
Download “230912_RFP-CONSULTANCY-TO-CARRY-OUT-SOIL-TESTING-SERVICES.docx”230912_RFP-CONSULTANCY-TO-CARRY-OUT-SOIL-TESTING-SERVICES.docx – Downloaded 71 times – 84.93 KB