In accordance with the Programme Document, Sub-Result 2.2 seeks to develop and or strengthen gender responsive and rights- based policies and regulatory frameworks for licensing and universal access. In this regard, six related activities are envisaged:
- Activity 2.2.1: Develop or review policies and regulations that support licensing related to Mobile Virtual Network Operators (M)VNOs and downstream service providers;
- Activity 2.2.2: Develop policies and regulations to promote open competitive market entry on a non-discriminatory basis, including unified licenses, licenses to new alternative operators, and reasonable licensing fees;
- Activity 2.2.3: Carry out a study on existing national and regional policy and regulation on authorisation and universal access and compare with best international practices and identify needs and gaps;
- Activity 2.2.4: Develop or strengthen policy and regulation incentive mechanisms that promote and encourage access to and use of ICT by disadvantaged groups such as women, the disabled and youth;
- Activity 2.2.5: Develop or incorporate e-waste management regulations in the authorization regime; and
- Activity 2.2.6: Support country level reforms to domesticate the developed regional policies and regulations.
The Terms of Reference (ToR) apply to the assignment for Activity 2.2.4 (i.e., Develop or strengthen policy and regulation incentive mechanisms that promote and encourage access to and use of ICT by disadvantaged groups such as women, the disabled and youth). Essentially, the output of this activity is a policy and regulatory framework for universal access, with special reference to inclusivity for gender, age (i.e., youth and the elderly), and people with disabilities (PWDs).
Activity 2.2.3 is a study and precedes all activities in the series. This ToR for Activity 2.2.4, is a sequel to the ToR for the study (Activity 2.2.3).
Activity 2.2.6 refers to national transposition of the outputs (i.e., regional frameworks) realized from the preceding activities, and will therefore, be undertaken through a subsequent assignment.
Download “REQUEST-FOR-PROPOSAL-DEVELOPMENT-OF-POLICY-AND-REGULATORY-FRAMEWORKS-FOR-UNIVERSAL-ACCESS-.docx”REQUEST-FOR-PROPOSAL-DEVELOPMENT-OF-POLICY-AND-REGULATORY-FRAMEWORKS-FOR-UNIVERSAL-ACCESS-.docx – Downloaded 91 times – 1.49 MB