To manage and control activities consisting of General Ledgers and Cash Books; Creditors and Payments and Staff Payments to maintain finance/accounting records and adhere to the existing Financial Rules, Regulations and Procedures, Procurement Rules and Staff Rules in order to safeguard COMESA Secretariat’s financial resources.
MAIN DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Under the direct Supervision of the Director of Budget and Finance, the job holder shall, inter alia, be responsible for the following functions:
- Submits accounting section work plan and budget inputs in order to secure approval for resources required to implement accounting activities in line with the Division mandate;
- Maintains books of accounts in order to provide up to date accounting information/records to inform decisions made by executive management;
- Reviews and approves Monthly Bank Reconciliations to ensure bank accounts and funds are secured and transactions comply with Financial Rules and Regulations;
- Reviews and approves Monthly Fixed Assets and Stock Inventories reconciliations to ensure that fixed assets and inventories are accounted for;
- Collaborates with Internal and External auditors in order to ensure that auditors have the required information/documents to complete audits within prescribed deadlines;
- Reviews monthly Staff Payroll reconciliations in order to authorize transfer of staff salaries to individual bank accounts;
- Reviews Creditors’ Reconciliations in order to authorize payments to settle invoices due to eligible creditors;
- Motivates and engages staff in order to build a high performing team through coaching, communication and providing frequent feedback on work;
- Appraises staff performance in the section to ensure achievement of section objectives supports Division Strategy;
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned to him/her by the Director of Budget and Finance or the Assistant Secretary General (Administration and Finance) from time to time.
Click on the link below for more details.