The main objective of this consultancy is to strengthen the capacity of institutions in collection, processing and transmission of GHG emission data and measurement, reporting and verification.
Specific objectives are:
- Develop the methodology and tools for quantification of emissions by sectors (of agriculture, forestry, other land use (AFOLU), transport, energy, industry and waste) based on Tier 2 of the IPCC requirements, develop a handbook tailored to each country’s
- Update capacity needs assessment based on capacity building
- Preparation of sectoral technical guidelines and templates to guide MRV data transmission and communication amongst participating countries established.
- Develop methodologies and tools for GHG data collection, processing, and
- Develop technical guidelines and templates to support data processing and
- Establish a system of data transmission and develop a system of data tracking; quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC).
- Design certificate programs to cover all essential skills and knowledge required for advanced GHG accounting and MRV for the AFOLU and other IPCC
- In collaboration with RCMRD pre-test training programmes with selected academic
- Adapting relevant courses in the curriculum for effectively addressing AFOLU and other IPCC sectors MRV and GHG accounting.
- Conduct training of sector experts from data providing institutions on GHG methodologies, tools and use of integrated platform developed for data collection, processing and transmission. The training will be delivered at multiple levels (regional and national level).
- Build the capacity of country NDCs sectors based key institutions on MRV systems, tracking NDCs, enhancement of GHG inventories.
- Review of existing systems used to develop GHG inventories under reporting obligations of the UNFCCC i.e., National Communications (NCs) and Biennial Transparency Reports (BTR}.
- Conduct in-person and virtual consultative and capacity building trainings and workshops on climate change reporting process and establish sustainable institutional arrangements for development of National GHG inventories to fulfil future reporting obligations under UNFCCC and Enhanced Transparency These institutional arrangements willbe guided by those used in previously submitted reports including NCs submitted by the member states.
- Develop or update the National GHG inventory platform that show cases:
- GHG Emissions information from all emission/removal contributing sectors,
- Graphical Analysis of emissions data and information,
- Documentationon Quality Assurance and Quality
- Conduct at least 3 capacity building training work in each country.
Click on the link below for more details.