The RIFF project is an Investment Financing Project with funding from the World Bank to the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA) and the Trade and Development Bank (TDB) . The TDB component will focus on provision of long-term credit to infrastructure projects in the region while the COMESA component is a grant component which will support the enabling environment for private infrastructure finance with a focus on building a regional off-grid energy market. It will allow the COMESA Secretariat to support: (i) the harmonization of policies and regulations for cross-border infrastructure trade and investment; (ii) regional integration activities on the off-grid energy sector and (iii) market development activities in the off-grid energy sector in Fragile, Conflict and Violence (FCV) countries.
The activities in support of the enabling environment for infrastructure finance are expected to include: (i) issuance of guidance notes and model documents for PPP in infrastructure sectors other than energy, such as transport and water; (ii) customization and dissemination of PPP screening tools to help countries improve their screening of projects that may be suited to be structured as PPP; (iii) policies, guidance and platforms to facilitate digital infrastructure and digital trading in the COMESA region.
To implement the project, the COMESA secretariat will set up a Project Implementation Unit to be based in the Infrastructure and Logistics Division.
SCOPE OF WORK
Assist in all procurement activities of the RIFF Project in conformity with the COMESA /World Bank rules, regulations and procedures.
- SPECIFIC TASKS/KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the close supervision of the Project Manager and Head of Procurement, the Procurement Expert performs the following specific tasks:
- Preparation of the Procurement strategy for development (PPSD) which projects procurement market research and profiling and its update, procurement of goods, services and works for the Secretariat in line with the approved and prevailing World Bank Procurement Regulations and as applicable and subject to necessary modifications, the COMESA Procurement Rules and Financial Rules and Regulations;
- Preparing procurement plans and updates, and tender documents; evaluations and evaluation reports and managing a portfolio of supply and service contracts
- Preparation of Suppliers database to establish the most economic source of acquiring goods, services and works;
- Recording of all purchase transactions in the SUN Accounting System;
- Maintaining an organized filing and documentation system that ensures all procurement documents are well filed and in safe custody
- Matching Purchase Orders, Goods Received, Notes and Invoices prior to these documents being reviewed by the Director of Administration;
- Preparation of procurement plan implementation and contract performance update reports and supplier performance report; and
- Oversee the Stores section to ensure that all purchases are properly secured and stored and that the various items are accurately entered in the relevant registers;
- Any other related duties that may be assigned to you by your superiors from time to time.
Click on the link below for more details.
Post expires at 6:00pm on Monday November 16th, 2020