The RIFF project is an Investment Financing Project with funding from the World Bank to the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA) and the Trade and Development Bank (TDB) . The TDB component will focus on provision of long-term credit to infrastructure projects in the region while the COMESA component is a grant component which will support the enabling environment for private infrastructure finance with a focus on building a regional off-grid energy market. It will allow the COMESA Secretariat to support: (i) the harmonization of policies and regulations for cross-border infrastructure trade and investment; (ii) regional integration activities on the off-grid energy sector and (iii) market development activities in the off-grid energy sector in Fragile, Conflict and Violence (FCV) countries.
The activities in support of the enabling environment for infrastructure finance are expected to include: (i) issuance of guidance notes and model documents for PPP in infrastructure sectors other than energy, such as transport and water; (ii) customization and dissemination of PPP screening tools to help countries improve their screening of projects that may be suited to be structured as PPP; (iii) policies, guidance and platforms to facilitate digital infrastructure and digital trading in the COMESA region.
To implement the project, the COMESA secretariat will set up a Project Implementation Unit to be based in the Infrastructure and Logistics Division.
- SCOPE OF WORK
The role of the Renewable Energy Policy and Regulatpry Expert will be to provide technical assistance to accelerate progress on implementation of regional renewable energy policies, plans and programmes . The coverage of the Expert shall include all the renewable energy policy and regulatory issues covering renewable energy in general with specific focus on off grid energy, private sector investment to be implemented for the benefit of COMESA/TDB member states. The Project Officer will be based within the Infrastructure and Logistics Division , Lusaka, Zambia.
- KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
The Renewable Energy Expert will be based at the Infrastructure and Logistics Division, Lusaka, Zambia and will perform the following main functions:
- Support the Team Leadership in developing work-plans, schedules and activity budgets;
- provision of technical assistance to accelerate progress on implementation of regional renewable energy policies, regulations, plans and programmes of the stakeholders;
- provision of technical assistance to review renewable energy policies, strategies, action plans, regulatory frameworks and standards to establish best practices;
- Development of model rural electrification strategies;
- Elaboration of Terms of Reference for consultancy services in renewable energy;
- Coordinate the recruitment of consultants and short term experts;
- Provision of capacity building to Member States and private companies on renewable energy policies,regulations financing and project preparation;
- Development of content on project activities for visibility purposes;
- Development of database for renewable energy companies, ongoing projects, proposed projects in the region
- Schedule and organize meetings/events and maintain agenda/programme;
- Keep updated records and create reports for the project and its activities;
- Supports other project objectives related to transport, PPP and Digital Infrastructure;
- performs other functions as may be required by the Project Manager from to time.
Click on the link below for more details.
Post expires at 6:00pm on Monday November 16th, 2020