SCOPE OF WORK:
The Travel Assistant will provide logistical support to the SCB V program ensuring that all travel related to the provision of capacity building activities and delivery of technical assistance in program Member countries is efficiently coordinated.
SPECIFIC TASKS/KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide three quote estimations on travel to enable Divisions/Projects/Units to prepare their activities for budget approval.
- Analyze all Mission Clearance Forms with all required attachments such as Aide Memoir and approved Budget to compute flight reservations. Certifies the forms upon confirming bookings and offers applicable advice on Ticketing time limits to Division/Project/Unit Staff and ensures they are compliant with travel policy requirements and submits for approval by Directorate of Human Resource and Administration.
- Issue and vet (with Procurement) Local Purchase Orders based on approved Mission Clearance forms, before approval by Director of Human Capital and Administration
- Disseminate all the acquired Travel consumables to respective Divisions/Projects/Units through electronic methods.
- Complete all respective Travel documents and files/ stores them in chronological order.
- Dispatch copies of issued LPOs manually to the Division of Budget and Finance for payments to service suppliers prior to issuing tickets.
- Resolve numerous ticket queries ranging from reservations and ticketing re-issuance / revalidation that arise from a combination of official activities such as date change, extensions, etc. ending with demanding for Ticketing Tracking Form at the end.
- Provide expert information on immigration and health matters to staff members /delegates for all travel intermediate points and destinations.
- Offer support on recommending and updating of Travel Suppliers Framework Contracts.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor from time to time
Click on the link below for more details
ADDENDUM TO THE POSITIONS
Please note that the deadline for the following positions has been extended.
- Procurement Expert.
- Accounts Assistant.
- Travel assistant; and
- Administrative Assistant.
The new deadline is now 23rd June 2021 23.59 hours.
Post expires at 4:00pm on Monday June 7th, 2021