- December 27, 2019
- Posted by: Webmaster
- Category: Latest News
The Government of Mauritius is awarding scholarships to deserving students who are resident citizens of member states of the African Union or of African Commonwealth countries as per the following criteria:
- For undergraduate programmes, applicants should be above 18 years of age and should not have reached their 26th birthday by the closing date of application.
- For Master’s programmes, applicants should not have reached 35 years and, for PhD programmes, applicants should not have reached 40 years by the closing date of application.
- Applicants must have already applied for a full-time on-campus programme (Diploma, Degree, Master’s or PhD) at a public Higher Education Institution in Mauritius (listed in Section 8 in the Guidelines for Applicants) for academic year starting in 2020.
- The scholarship will be for a maximum duration as indicated in the table below or the minimum course duration whichever is lesser.
SN Programme of Studies Maximum Duration 1 Undergraduate Diploma Three (3) years 2 Undergraduate Degree Four (4) years 3 Master Two (2) years 4 MPhil / PhD Four (4) years + 6 months for
the transfer from MPhil to PhD
5 PhD Three (3) years
The Scholarship will support successful candidates in meeting their tuition fees and in contributing to their living expenses during their studies in Mauritius. Furthermore, the scholarship also covers a return airfare by the most economical route. This will be valid for travel from the country of origin at the beginning of the studies and back to origin upon successful completion of studies.
The following documents are available for download from the Ministry’s website (http://ministry-education.govmu.org)
I. Guidelines for Applicants
➢ This document contains important information regarding the conditions attached to the scholarship, the application procedure, and a list of public Higher Education Institutions in Mauritius where the applicants must have applied for full-time on-campus studies.
II. Application Form (Applicants are invited to fill in the form electronically before printing)
➢ Application for the scholarship can only be made on the application form, duly filled-in.
Section 5 of the application form should be endorsed and completed by the Nominating
Agency in the country of citizenship of the applicant. Applications which are not made through
the Nominating Agency of the respective countries will not be entertained.
An application under this Scheme is to be made solely through the Nominating Agency responsible for the processing of scholarships in the country of citizenship of the applicant. Such a Nominating Agency, which may typically be part of the Ministry of Education in the country of the applicant, will then shortlist and endorse the applications of a maximum of FIFTEEN (15) eligible candidates (five in each category of Undergraduate, Masters and MPhil/PhD) and submit the duly completed application forms for the two intakes of 2020 as per the table below:
|SN||Intake||Deadline for electronic
|Deadline for submission of hard copy|
|1||March 2020||21 February 2020||28 February 2020|
|2||August 2020||30 April 2020||15 May 2020|
All documents to be submitted to the Ministry of Education, Tertiary Education, Science and
Technology of Mauritius at the address mentioned below for a final selection.
The Senior Chief Executive,
Ministry of Education, Tertiary Education, Science and Technology (Attn: Tertiary Education,
Science and Technology Division)
MITD House, Pont Fer, Phoenix 73544.
Republic of Mauritius (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ) mber 2019
- Call for Application MASS2020
- Guidelines for Applicants diploma 031219
- Guidelines for Applicants masters 031219
- Guidelines for Applicants PhD 031219
- Guidelines for Nominating Agencies 191119
- Application Form postgraduate MASS 031219
- Application Form undergraduate MASS 161219
- MASS 2020 Edition – SFFANational Endorsement Form 031219